Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Honor of Thy Father

There in one person who really likes to go into old abandoned buildings as much as me and that is my father Alex. He is very close to me and when I was a very young child, we were always together either taking things apart or exploring places. On May 12, 2008 my father shared his 72nd birthday with me. We went into 2 abandoned buildings, and he explored everywhere within them and I took pictures. Just like old times. Both of us doing what we love to do. The first location is the Jackson Arms apartments and the second was 769 Washington Street. Now, there are a lot of people that see images in my photos and this day must been a perfect day for it. I have not changed or enhanced any of the photos, what you see is what it is. All I can tell you is that we did not see anything out of the ordinary but both of us felt as though we were not alone. The “spots” can be explained as a reflection through the lens but the “spots” move in different frames with the camera staying in the exact same location (use of tripod) and I have never seen this with the lenses that I used that day. There are a lot of photos so I will break it up as #1) Jackson Arms apartments and #2) 769 Washington Street. So dad, here is to you!!!!!


Jackson Arms Apartments:













3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! Fun idea both of you like to do and spent time out take pictures.

Your pictures made even more interest to look at!

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

You are lucky that your father is so supportive of your creative, that even at 72 wants to go with you to abandoned building to take pictures.
Those pictures are amazing! Spooky but none the less amazing.